Wednesday, April 17, 2013

NSV #3 for me!

button

I didn't even think about it as I posted tonight, but I pretty much already mentioned my non-scale victories for the week.

To sum it all up:

  • I don't even realize some of the changes I have been making and they are forming into habits
  • Eating on smaller plates has become habit and leads to smaller portions without me having to think about it
  • Nighttime snacking is still going well - not only am I not snacking but I'm not even thinking about it or having chocolate cravings
  • Speaking of chocolate, who hasn't even had any this week!?! Me that's who!!!
  • One not-so-smart choice is not leading to a day (or week) of not-so-smart choices because "I already messed it up"

Feeling pretty good about this week!

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are having a great week! Nighttime snacking was always the worst for me, but working out in the evenings has helped curb that. Right after I work out I don't want to "ruin it" by eating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That used to work for me too! Of course, I was single without 2 under 2 and a husband who works late! I'd love to get back to that though!

      Delete
  2. I just started eating on smaller plates too! That has left me mentally feeling less deprived and I am really full, even after eating those smaller portions. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been doing it for a while now and it just hit me last night that I'm making some real progress with portion size without even trying (or feeling like I'm trying).

      Delete
  3. HOLY COW! No chocolate? No craving? What's your secret?
    I love the smal plates. I can tell it makes a big difference with me.
    Happy Lil' Friday,
    Laurie
    Lulu and Daisy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I do have cravings... I am excited about the times when I know I would have been snacking and I realize I hadn't even thought about it! That is a victory!

      Delete
  4. I just started following from the Non-scale victories linkup. How did you avoid chocolate for a whole week?! Tell me your secret!

    Ashley @ http://downsizingashley.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. The smaller plate trick is one I use, too. I've even started using my kids smaller bowls, too. A full bowl just feels more filling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Changing habits is huge! It looks like you are doing an amazing job! Way to go with so many great NSVs this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good tactic! Smaller plates is powerful when it comes to portion control. I need to start eating on smaller plates from now on too.

    -Honeybee
    http://herweightlossdiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments and, don't worry, there are no words to squint at and verify on this blog!! :) So, have at it!