Thursday, April 18, 2013

Mid-April snowstorm means a lazy day

Another snowstorm - can you believe it? We were stuck inside today, and a lazy day with bad weather is the perfect excuse to throw it all out the window, eat some comfort food, and finally have that chocolate I've been thinking about. But I didn't!!

We started off the morning off with some yummy Egg Breakfast Muffins. Not a super healthy breakfast with the sausage and cheese, but remember I'm going for portion size here and they are small muffins and I had two.


We didn't get too much exercise in this morning like we usually do.  I guess the weather and lazy day got to us both.  Lunch was leftover pork, potatoes, and veggies.  Looks like a feast on my small plate!





I know I've said that I'm excited about the times when I realize I haven't even craved unhealthy snacks, especially chocolate. However, even more impressive is when the cravings are strong and I resist. After this meal, I wanted chocolate! instead of giving in I grabbed two Clementines and shared them with 2YO. Success!

Snack time included some and ants on a log and cheese for 2YO and we had some yummy baked chicken and sweet potatoes and russets roasted with olive oil and rosemary. Yum! No snacking after dinner and I am still chocolate free for the week - an amazing accomplishment for me!

Tomorrow is my weigh-in and Hubby and I are taking 2YO to check out a gymnastics class. I'm so excited! I think he will love a place to run, jump, and climb on everything and a chance to play with some other kids! Can't wait! If we sign up I think we'll do two days a week which will give us some Momma-Son time and I think he'll love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments and, don't worry, there are no words to squint at and verify on this blog!! :) So, have at it!