Thursday, April 4, 2013

Non-Scale Victories

button


I love this!  

I forgot about the importance of non-scale victories since weight watchers.  I love this idea!  I feel like all I do is beat myself up over the times when I indulge too much or don't make the best choices.  There are plenty of things I should remember to pat myself on the back for, and I need that to realize I'm on the right path.

Here are a few:
  • By blogging I have realized that, although I give in to temptation every now and then, my meals and portions have actually been pretty great.  The portion size is the key for me.  I've been keeping them to the size that I give my hungry (almost) 2-year-old.  I think if I make sure to fit in the healthy snacks, I'll do much better.

  • I have been trying to keep up with 2YO's activity level.  I run and play more with him and I'm making sure to get both kiddos outside each day for a stroller ride.

  • Nighttime snacking has been cut out!  That used to be my biggest weakness, I couldn't relax in bed after I got the kids down, without getting my chocolate fix.  I think this is also aided by blogging since I tend to do it at the end of the day.  Let me tell you, it would have to be a pretty strong craving to give in to while I'm tracking my progress for the day!

Not too shabby!  

I love comments and could really use some friends and support so don't be shy!

13 comments:

  1. Thank you for the comment on my blog!! I truly needed that right now. Awesome job on the NSVs this week! Nighttime snacking has always been a struggle for me. I need a pad lock. haha I just scrolled down your blog a little and saw the COTTON TAILS. I LOVE THOSE SO MUCHHHH!!! If I bought them I would be in MAJOR trouble! :) I am looking forward to following you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such a bad idea! They were majorly marked down and my husband loves them. I didn't give in yesterday though! Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  2. That's a good way to cut down your portions. Cool idea. I hope you are still getting enough food that way though. And way to cut down the snacking. That can be so hard sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't always eat the exact same but it has been a great way to keep my portions in check. My little guy can eat like you wouldn't believe! Sometimes he asks for seconds or thirds and I can't even keep up with him (he's even a little below average size because of all the activity). I basically realized I was portioning out his meals well and typically giving him a fruit, protein, and veggie which weren't always represented on my plate! Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for linking up and sharing today! You have some great NSVs. Portion control is a big one! Also, it is great you have increased your activity and are keeping up with your little one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! This is a great way to hear about other's journeys and is some excellent motivation! How fun!

      Delete
  4. I have had a a very off week. I hope to get myself straightened out next week. I think I've been eating bad because I'm nervous about the run tomorrow. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Love linking up with others trying to get their healthy lifestyle on track!
    Have a great weekend!
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! We all have ups and downs... Good luck on the run!!!

      Delete
  5. Yay for ditching night time snacking...my biggest Achille's heel!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great NSV's!! I love that you are using your own lifestyle (as it is right now vs. trying to change anything) to get your health and fitness in, that's brilliant! And it completely sets you up for success - great job! I'm a new follower! Can't wait to get your updates :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Thank you, thank you! I'm so glad I found this linkup through Less! I really could use this encouragement! I've had more success when I made big lifestyle changes, but I was living alone and I can't control my environment and time like that anymore... So far, this has be working surprisingly well (although slowly) and it really is something I can keep up! Thanks for following!

      Delete
  7. Good job with portion control! That is where I fail, each and every time.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments and, don't worry, there are no words to squint at and verify on this blog!! :) So, have at it!