Monday, May 20, 2013

The kid who went down fighting, and didn't really lose

Have any of you been keeping up with this inspirational kid?  Zach Sobiech, his story, his song, his family, and his final days has touched my heart and I am overcome with sadness for his family after his passing this morning.

If you haven't come across his songs or YouTube videos I highly encourage you to take a look.

Zach's song "Clouds" is hauntingly beautiful and will leave you with a sense of what is important in life.  It's the people surrounding us and our relationships that make life so precious.





Zach mentions in the documentary of his final days that the best thing is "seeing a smile on someone's face and knowing you put it there."  If we could all live that way and put such goodness out there, what a wonderful place we would live in.  If we could manage to hang on to that thought and implement it even on a rare occasion, we would bring so much happy to our own lives and the lives of others around us.




Zach's message has spread and inspired so many.  His song, "Clouds" was featured in a video with a large handful of celebrities singing along in tribute to him.  I haven't been able to get the tune out of my head for weeks and I hope it stays longer.  What a great reminder of how fortunate we are to be on this earth and to hold those close to you a little tighter and enjoy the moments together.




Zach went down fighting this morning, and it was only after I heard the news that I realized he was from my hometown.  I watched my high school and familiar settings flash through the videos, and felt an even closer connection to this courageous young man and his family.

I encourage everyone to learn more about Zach Sobiech.  I promise you will be touched.  I hope you will take away a sense of what makes life worth living.  I pray you will do something about it, even if that means reflecting a bit more, giving one extra hug, or closing your eyes and making one more memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments and, don't worry, there are no words to squint at and verify on this blog!! :) So, have at it!