Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Feelin' it!

I am loving this nice weather!  The kids and I have been outside the majority of our days and they've even slept in a little, which is great!  My little one woke up early but let me snuggle her back to sleep, and 2YO didn't get up until 8:00!  Hooray for wearing them out outside!

We got out the door just before 10:00 and started out for our walk/jog.  I'm on Week 3 Day 1 of C25K and I thought for sure I wouldn't make it through.

My legs were burnin' from last night!  It was such a great workout - I could feel the burn in all those underused muscles, but I don't feel like I overdid it at all.

Back to the C25K... I did it all!!!  I kicked some booty on those 3 minute stretches of running.  It may not sound like a lot but, unlike many people who start this program, I really would be in the "couch" category.  So, I'm pretty proud!

Food was good too, I'd say.  I'm trying to remember if I grabbed breakfast, but I think I was frantically trying to get us out of the house while I fed 2YO eggs.

Our walk to us to my parents and I was served a chicken sandwich (sliced deli chicken, not like a fast food chicken).  My parents are updated my old playhouse for my kiddos and we watched Grandpa put in the new floor and I helped him clean up a bit.

I'm just realizing now, but I had zero desire to snack when I got the kids back for naps.  Amazing!  I did snitch a few of Hubby's Doritos as I filled his lunch bags, but nothing crazy. I made some fried rice for dinner and had a small bowl.  I also experimented with making some Sweet Potato Veggie Pancakes - or something like that, I was just winging it and haven't come up with a name.  I shredded sweet potato and added broccoli, a tiny bit of corn, 1 egg, plain yogurt, green onions, and a pinch of cheese and made them in a muffin tin.  I think they'll be great to have in the freezer for days when we need a little veggie kick - they were tasty!


Now 2YO and I are trying to wind down while I wait for that precious shower/"me" time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments and, don't worry, there are no words to squint at and verify on this blog!! :) So, have at it!