Friday, May 3, 2013

Heading to the cabin

The kids and I are heading up to the cabin with my parents...  I'm almost dreading going because my will power there is almost non-existent.  I feel like a burden when meals are being made for me, so I eat whatever we have.  I also have a mother who loves ice cream every night.  I can't resist it when I'm there!  There are also candy jars and yummy snacks.

Ugh...  I need to find a way to stay on track.  It might be a good time to start C25K, because I'll have help with the kids. That's an option...

I'm already having a little trouble with self control this week.  I've dipped into the Reece's Eggs more than necessary and slacked on my water.  I've done pretty well on meals and stayed pretty active, though.

We'll see how the numbers come out.

Not quite sure what I should do about that either - there is no scale up there.  Maybe I'll weigh-in tomorrow before Baby Gymnastics.  Although, I doubt I'll remember.  I'll try.

So, today. Two Egg Muffins, salad, and meatloaf with asparagus.



Yum! What a delish dinner! It was my first time making meatloaf and I'll probably never be able to repeat it.

A brief summary of my not-much-of-a-recipe recipe:
Just under 1 1/2 ground beef
1 small onion
1 tbsp mined garlic
Breadcrumbs (I crumbled the last remaining flat bread and two end pieces off a wheat loaf)
1 egg
Couple splashes Worcestershire (maybe 1 tbsp)
Couple shakes of grill seasoning
1 packets of Ranch seasoning
1 tbsp Western dressing drizzled on top

So good! I ate two pieces - probably should shave stopped at one but I couldn't resist. 2YO had two helpings too!

2 comments:

  1. Okay, clearly I don't always get on the blog, but when I do I post 500 things lol. Your cabin is the equivalent of my boyfriend's boat I feel like. He eats whatever he wants and there's never anything there for me. What I started doing, that actually helped me, was packing snacks. I'd pack all sorts of fruits, oatmeal, yogurt, frozen yogurt, kettle corn, flavored water, etc. It's hard, but next time you'll be able to do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a total place of bad habits and a long history of eating crap. It's my parents place and they would totally stock healthy stuff, but then I get all crabby that I can't have what I want. I think I need to start getting healthy stuff that will go bad if I don't eat it and build some better habits! Thanks for all your comments!

      Delete

I LOVE comments and, don't worry, there are no words to squint at and verify on this blog!! :) So, have at it!