Saturday, March 23, 2013

My teeth are brushed

And I hopefully will not give in to nighttime snacking because I've had a great day!  Come to think of it, I did really well and it's probably because I've been too busy to think about it much.

Breakfast was a bowl of oatmeal.  It took 4 explosions to get two good bowls of oatmeal.  Has anyone had this happen?  I make oatmeal at least a few times a week and I've never had problems.  Today each bowl exploded in the microwave and made a huge mess!  I even tried stopping midway and stirring and that didn't help.  I was about to lose my mind!  Not the first time... and I was only slightly irritated the second time... but the third and fourth times had me livid!  So strange!

We had a leftover luch so 2YO and I had different things.  I had leftover zucchini and squash (about a cup packed full) and it filled me up pretty well so I didn't have anything else.

I did some running and bargain shopping.  (Check here for my deals and my attempt at making laundry detergent.)  When I got home I made a yummy dinner! Check it out!

I picked these up at a store on the way home from the cabin. They have awesome meat and I love when they have buy one get one free deals!



I also just picked this up from the store today (with a coupon, of course).



After I started the pasta water heating, I added some olive oil at a high heat and added the sliced sausage and some garlic. By the way, see the wooden spatula? I LOVE it and have a ton - my dad made them! :)



I had some frozen broccoli that I added to the warm past pot to quickly thaw.



I took my strainer spoon thing (it probably has a better name but I can't for the life of me come up with it) and placed the broccoli in the other pan and waited for the water to come to a boil to cook the pasta.



I then poured in the sauce and gave it a stir.



When the noodle were done I added those and stirred again.



There it is - it was delish! Here is my portion - I kept it small, gave myself tons of broccoli, and it really satisfied!



I was craving M&Ms something fierce but - pat on the back - I brushed my teeth with 2YO and haven't given in!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments and, don't worry, there are no words to squint at and verify on this blog!! :) So, have at it!