Friday, March 22, 2013

Holy cow!

We got home from the cabin around noon today.  When I do my weekly weigh-in I like for it to be morning and with light clothing on and nothing in my belly yet.  Well, that wasn't the case today.  I had eaten two eggs over hard and snacked on a slice of muenster cheese and 3 ritz crackers on the way home.  But...

I was still down 2 pounds!!!

I can't believe it.  I guess I shouldn't have been so hard on myself.  Sure, I could have lost more if I had been more disciplined, but it is great to see that my consciousness and pretty simple plan of portion control is working!

I finished out the day with an afternoon snack - technically a lunch - of smoked trout (not a usual snack but a special treat during lent) and a dinner of rice with Asian vegetables and shrimp.  Ok, ok, I had a Reece's egg too...

Hopefully this time at home will help me stay on track before I get derailed by Easter next weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments and, don't worry, there are no words to squint at and verify on this blog!! :) So, have at it!