Monday, March 18, 2013

Darn this cabin!

Isn't it funny how certain environments trigger certain behaviors?

The cabin makes me want to eat! I'm not just talking about all my mom's delicious meals; I stare at the candy jar and my stomach growls, think about the ice cream in the freezer and my mouth salivates, and I have a very strong desire to fill my plate to the brim with all the yummy food!

The nice thing about being here is I get a chance to sleep in a little (8 instead of 6!) and I get all sorts of help with the kids. However, the disruption in routine makes this a little difficult...

2YO had breakfast without me. I did sneak in a small cup of cereal while I fed the baby.



Lunch was delicious! It was not, however, the most healthy choice! We made home-made calzones with ground beef, onions, mushrooms, mozzarella, and a little sauce. The one pictures is the best looking of the bunch so it had to be photographed. The one that 2YO and I split was a little smaller.





Dinner was another choice that I wouldn't necessarily make at home. We had chicken kiev (2YO and I split about 60/40), lots of broccoli and cauliflower, and mashed potatoes (2YO's fave, I only had about a tablespoon and a half).

Food-wise this doesn't sound like a good diet plan; added to the fact that I find myself eating a little more here than I did at home, I don't think this will be the best week. However, I'm trying to look on the bright side, and I realize I am being conscious of what and how much I eat and still consuming less than I normally would.

After all, this plan did not stem from trying to go on a strict diet. What I want is something I can stick with, and considering portion size and making sure I'm active is the main goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments and, don't worry, there are no words to squint at and verify on this blog!! :) So, have at it!