Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Injuries, farmers market, and NSVs

Ok everyone, I've had my first sports-related-injury since I began this journey in March...

It's pretty serious, but I want you to know that I have been carrying on with my workouts even with this debilitating injury.

The picture of this gruesome injury is not for the faint of heart.  If the sight of blog makes you weak, turn away now.

Here it is...



I know! How did I push on!?! And how did this horrendous injury occur?

I was doing my 300s and managed to slice into that figure with my own fingernail, from the other hand, while doing jumping jacks. Who manages that one?


All kidding aside, I had a great day today. My mom helped me take the kiddos to the farmer's market. We walked and walked and come away with a ton of goodies!







We got about 2-3 hours of walking in and, after the kiddos napped, we went down to walk some more at a car show.



button


I think my Non-Scale Victories for the week would be:
1) Persevering with an injury - kidding, kidding....
2) Planning my day around ways to get some activity in. I loved walking all day today!
3) Even my new workout clothes are getting big - ahhhh!! :)
4) My health is at the forefront of my mind, I think about it all day, and I'm trying to figure out how to harness my excitement and help others find the fun in fitness.

Hope everyone is having a great week!





5 comments:

  1. Isn't it crazy when our mindset changes and being healthy and fit isn't something we have to do but something that is just a part of us? Everyone thought I was crazy working out on vacation, I thought it was crazy not to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clothes getting big!! Nothing taste good than seeing noticing your own weight loss. Congrats!

    http://herweightlossdiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing awesome! Having your mind in the right spot is the key to being successful!! Wahoo on big clothes, and all the walking at Farmers Market! I have never been to ours, but I really need to go one of these mornings! Keep it up and thanks for linking up with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You cracked me up with your intro! I seriously was wondering what your injury was until I scrolled down so you got me! lol

    Congrats on all your great NSVs and for pushing through that injury! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are some awesome nsv's.
    And when the clothes get bigger I feel so does the determination.
    Three cheers for yu.
    xo
    z

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments and, don't worry, there are no words to squint at and verify on this blog!! :) So, have at it!