Tuesday, July 9, 2013

How I kicked butt on my weight loss plan last month

**For those of you who are sick of hearing me rave about DietBets, tune out now. I should be getting over my DietBet high before long. For now, I have to share because we all need a little excitement in this difficult process.**

I have been pretty serious about my weight loss journey for about the past four month.  After having two babies I. Under two years, I had a lot of weight to lose and didn't get serious about it until my littlest was almost 6 months old.

Needless to say, I still have a lot to lose.

Last month I made some huge gains.  With meal planning, Couch to 5K, and some strong self-control I managed to knock 15 pounds off my overall weight loss goal.

Oh yeah, and my secret weapon.

I started joining DietBets.  I entered two, figuring that I was going to lose the weight, so I might as well win more.

I spent $20 on one and $35 on another.  For this frugal lady, that was a lot of motivation,  I was not going to lose that much money just because I couldn't control myself.

DietBet works like this.  You accept the challenge and upload two private photos to weigh-in.  You then have 4 weeks to lose 4% of your body weight.  When the month is over, if you are a winner, you verify with two more private photos and split the pot.



It took me a long time to decide to try this out.  I was looking into every way possible that this could be a scam.  It seems legit.  It is possible to win the game and not get your money back because DietBet keeps 15%, but I don't think this happens often.

The way I see it, I need to lose weight.  If I get the motivation I need from trying not to lose money, that is a bonus.  If I make money in the process, that is a major bonus.

This is a win-win for me.

Last month, I lost 15 pounds and I netted around $28.  This time, I am rolling my $83 credit into as many bets as possible and am determined to lose again (and win).

I have started my own game with a smaller $15 bet for anyone who wants to give this a try.  "The Final Days of Summer" game is to help us all lose weight and look great during the final days of summer.  http://diet.bt/16Yi4wP. Give it a try!  Hopefully it will be the perfect motivation for you like it was for me!









** I was in no way compensated for this post - I'm just so happy to find something that kept me motivated. I did all the work myself, so DietBet won't magically make you lose weight, but it may help your motivation last at least a month and help you succeed like I did.**


5 comments:

  1. I'm happy DietBet work weight loss wonders for you. 15 pounds is a lot of weight! Congrats, Kristin.

    -http://herweightlossdiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been really intrigued my DietBet lately! This post has convinced me I might have to give it a try, I like the idea of being accountable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea! I hope it is as great of a motivator for you as it was for me!

      Delete
  3. I like the Diet bet and recently lost 17 pounds on the Slim by the Summer challenge with raising reagan. Congrats on your weight loss and your awesome motivation. Thanks for linking up with Consider Me Inspired and Clippie Dips! Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How great! We're in the same boat! Congrats on your success!

      Delete

I LOVE comments and, don't worry, there are no words to squint at and verify on this blog!! :) So, have at it!