Thursday, July 25, 2013

Not feeling too good about getting all my calories {Garlic Shrimp andPotatoes Tapas}

Well, I'm not having the problem of consuming too-few calories anymore. I'm staying within my calories but it's making me feel like I'm slipping into more and more snacking. I don't like that feeling much...

I made sure to fit some egg whites into a busy morning and I made myself a good sandwich for lunch. Then I felt like snacking, although, I give myself a bit of a pat on the back for passing up with garlic pita chips when I knew I'd still be craving a Snickers bar. I did have two fun sized snickers, but the calories weren't much different than the chips.

Later, I found myself reaching for two Cool Ranch Doritos because they were there. I hightailed it to the kitchen and cleaned up some grapes instead.



I have to share an amazing recipe!

 We made Garlic Shrimp and Potato Tapas for dinner. It's another Weight Watchers recipe and it is amazing! I hadn't made it in years, but it isn't hard at all so I have no idea why I waited so long.



WW Garlic Shrimp and Potato Tapas
Serves: 6
Prep Time: 15 minsTotal Time: 40 mins

Ingredients

1 lb red potatoes, cut in 1/2in pieces
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 lb medium shrimp, peeled deveined and halved lengthwise
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 1/2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/2 teaspoon salt

Directions

Combine the potatoes and enough water to cover in a large saucepan bring to a boil. Cook until fork
tender about 7 minute Drain and let cool 5 minutes.

Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add the potatoes and cook shaking eh pan occasionally until browned and crisp about 5 minutes.

Add the shrimp and garlic cook stirring frequently until shrimp are opaque in the center about 2 minutes. Stir in vinegar and pepper and salt.

Cals: 149.7
Fat: 5.3g

Yum, yum, yum!

I never would have thought to put shrimp with potatoes, but MMMmmm!!! There is something about adding the white wine vinegar at the end that makes these smell like a Chinese restaurant and taste delicious.

Although, I definitely did not adhere to the serving size and had about two and a half servings, but at least I was good for it. I could have used a few more veggies in my day, but those lovely green beans you see on the plate weren't actually consumed. We have a automatic soap dispenser right next to the purified water dispenser on the sink and I'm pretty sure those beans got soaped - yuck! I'll try to make up for it tomorrow.

Give that recipe a try - you won't regret it!





1 comment:

  1. Stay strong! You are doing great, and reaching for grapes was a good choice. It was good you had what you wanted instead of eating everything else and then still eating the snickers, only feeling like crap about it. Smart choice. Keep it up, and you really are doing great!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments and, don't worry, there are no words to squint at and verify on this blog!! :) So, have at it!