Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Non-Scale Victories: cheating, but victorious

As you all know, I am in limbo between DietBets. I've been cheating big time until my next round of bets starts. Not the greatest decision, but I haven't been totally slacking off.

Last Wednesday, the day I looked forward to all month, when I could finally cheat and eat a big fatty breakfast, I actually pushed myself to go for a run right after weigh-in and grabbed so small egg breakfast.

I tracked a little sporadically, but better than I would have done before this journey.

I took a break from running, but have been getting the kiddos out in the stroller for hour long walks.

Speaking of the walks, I read something (found on Pinterest, but can't quite remember where it came from) that said, "if you want to run faster, run faster." I've adapted it a little, but it really spoke to me. I've been doing C25K, but am way slower than I should be. I'm at the point where I should be jogging at at least 3mph, but only hit about 4mph. I keep just accepting that when I should be going faster. . Same with walking. I shouldn't be getting comfortable and expecting results. To get a good workout I need to challenge myself and push myself to feel a little uncomfortable.



Today, on my walk with the kids, I kept that in mind and walked faster. That is my goal for the week.  We got home from the cabin yesterday, so I took the time today to take stock of what's in the fridge and have started meal planning for the week. I spent the kiddos' nap time (did I really get a full hour of two kids napping in unison?) pinning workouts, recipes, and motivation. I should be all set to get right back on track.

What were your NSVs this week? Anyone else cheat over the holiday and find it hard to stop?


button

6 comments:

  1. I need to do some meal planning today too! I love the run faster mantra. Uh, duh, so easy but so hard!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's totally one of those smack-your-forehead moments!

      Delete
  2. That's such a good point! I'm also working through the C25k programme and I'm dreadfully slow, you're right the only way for me to get faster is to actually go faster instead of continuing in my current comfort zone! Thanks for that reminder

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well said! That is exactly how I feel! Just need to remember and push myself.

      Delete
  3. I think it's really important to challenge yourself, but I dived it really difficult sometimes!! Somedays I feel like my own worse enemy!! Planning is half the battle!! You'll get back on track!! Great nsv's this wee! Thanks for linking up with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Walking faster! What a great goal and point that you bring up! We all go a little off plan, but looks like you have everything in control at the moment!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments and, don't worry, there are no words to squint at and verify on this blog!! :) So, have at it!