Monday, July 22, 2013

Weekly goals from a frazzled Momma

So, it's almost 1pm and I just woke up from a nap. The kids are still sleeping - thank goodness!! I'm still tired, and I haven't eaten anything yet today. We all went down for a nap around 9:30/10 am after a couple meltdowns by each of us. The fact that everyone was so off  shows we didn't get much sleep last night,

This tells you how crazy my days and nights have been lately.

Something has been in the air, because neither kid has been sleeping well. They also alternate and get up at different times, which means Momma isn't sleeping at all...

Our days have then been a little off. I'm pushing to get things done around the house and get all of us outside for some exercise and I'm not consistently eating enough. I've explained it a couple times recently when I showed my MFP read outs and when I talked about how I need to be a bit strict with my snacking and the slippery slope when I try to give a little.

Even yesterday, I could have easily ended up with under 700 calories and called it a day. I got all the kids set up with dinner and left to fit in some grocery shopping. When I got back we went downstairs to watch Hubby fly his toy helicopter and I hopped on the elliptical. By the time I was done it was bath time and bedtime for the kids. I would have been perfectly happy ending my eating for the day, but knew it wouldn't be good for my body. I also didn't like eating so late at night.

The mandarin orange couple have been my whole dinner and I would have been happy, but I made the chicken burger and then snacked the rest of the night on animal crackers and peanut butter...

All of this is adding up to some not so healthy habits on the other end. So, my goals are these:


Operation Skinny Jeans


  1. Make some changes to get some sleep around here
  2. Plan ahead and include healthy snacking during the day
  3. More water!




By the way, if anyone has some input, I'm looking for advice on fitness trackers and food scales.
Have a great weekend!



1 comment:

  1. Good for you for making yourself get to your calorie goal! I try to plan snacks every 2ish hours so I'm not hungry, and it keeps my metabolism cranking. Apple and peanut butter or carrots and hummus are my go-tos. Good luck this week!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments and, don't worry, there are no words to squint at and verify on this blog!! :) So, have at it!