Friday, July 26, 2013

Running with a Fish




While the rest of you were sweating at the gym, pounding the pavement, or flipping on a workout tape, I got my exercise in the form of chasing my 2-year-old with a giant fish!



Meet the obnoxiously huge Sunfish I just had to have back when 2YO was about 6 months old.  He's the reason we changed the entire theme of his cabin bedroom.

It rained on and off today, so I never made it out for my run like I had planned.  After I indulged in the tastiest 8oz steak ever, I realized I had to do something to work some of that off.

Enter my never-tiring little boy and the giant fish.

We ran around with that thing for about 10 minutes before switching to bear crawling and crab walking.  All of it ended up getting my heart rate going and a bit of a sweat starting, which was the goal.


Tomorrow should be better with working out.  I've already pre-committed to spending some time doing 300s with my cousin, so that and a run should make it a good day!

I almost forgot.  Today was my weigh-in day and I was up 1.6 lbs from last week.  I'm not stressing at all.  I'm pretty sure my number from last Friday was a bit off.  

I lost about 8lbs that week, which wouldn't be completely out of the blue because of my gain the week before.  Although, I think going out the night before may have left me a little dehydrated for my weigh-in.  When I weighed myself Monday for Fit Camp I was back up another 3 pounds, and I was spot-on with my eating that weekend.  So, I'm calling it a 2lb loss this week anyway.  

Next week will be the real judge.  Have a good weeken all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments and, don't worry, there are no words to squint at and verify on this blog!! :) So, have at it!