Thursday, June 6, 2013

I didn't eat enough today - what!?!

Today was kind of a busy day and I know I didn't eat like I should. I mean, I ate very well but I didn't eat at the right times.

I skipped breakfast. I know, big no-no, but it didn't turn into a binge session later so that was good. 2YO and I went to baby gymnastics and I got a little exercise in instead.

We then went to visit with Grandma and Grandpa to pick up the little one and, since we stayed so long, I had a quick snack of a Spinach Asiago Chicken Sausage on a Sandwich Thin.  We stayed a bit longer to check out the new addition to the playhouse - a little table.  2YO loves that place and who can blame him!



I can't believe, looking back, that I did no snacking between lunch and dinner. The little lady kept me pretty busy because she's not happy these days without someone to hold onto while she stands up. I'm wondering if she'll follow in her Momma's footsteps and walk at 8 months.

We're leaving for the cabin in the morning, Hubby will be out at a friend's shop working on his work vehicle all weekend, and his daughter is with her mom this weekend. All that added up to a Clean Out The Fridge Night.

We had leftover sloppy joe mix (which I've been steering clear from mostly because of the bun), Arby's chicken strips and fries leftover from a grandparent outing (not going to work for me), and Cheddarwurst burgers (definitely not going to work for me!).

I added some ingredients to make something I felt good having and here's what I came up with.



I dusted off my food scale of weight watchers days and found I had a 4oz potato topped with 1/2 cup of sloppy joe mix and 1 cup broc/caul mix. And, let me tell you, it filled me up! It ended up being such a big meal and, yeah, it didn't really need the sloppy joe, but I've been eyeing that stuff for a while and it was good!



I have to admit I also had to add to my calorie counting 1/2 an Arby's chicken strip that 2YO didn't eat - I'm only human! Now, although it's late, I'm going to grab 16 chocolate animal crackers, get a back rub from Hubby, and hit the sack.

I'm still 400 under my calorie goal, so I know I didn't eat enough. But what I did eat was pretty good. Weigh-in is tomorrow and I'm actually excited! So far, this DietBet has been my best motivation yet, and I really needed something to kick start me into these healthy habits.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments and, don't worry, there are no words to squint at and verify on this blog!! :) So, have at it!