Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Happy Birthday 2-year-old and hello sugar coma.

Today was awful! There was hardly a single piece of healthy food that entered my mouth. Breakfast was some special chocolate chip and M&MS pancakes. With all the prep, I missed out on the nice big salad I had planned and snacked on the popcorn, nuts, and M&M mix I was serving up in paper cones. I had two of the sandwich wraps and a lot of junk at the party. Did you check out that cake? There goes my whole day right there!

The worst part.  I remembered at 10pm that I still have the giant veggie tray sitting in my fridge.  That would have been a much better option than all that other crap...



Regardless of how terrible my eating was, I did have a non-scale victory.  My mother-in-law said that I was looking good.  That, along with the compliment from my dad the other day, is making me feel pretty good.

Of course, I have a lot of making up to do after today...  Overall, I'm pretty happy about the way things are going.  

I may need to step up the exercise and put a lock on all that leftover junk food, but I feel pretty confident I can finish out the week pretty strong.  Also, I have so much help at the cabin with my parents, that I'm pretty excited to get another meal plan going and keep up with my exercise routine.  It makes such a difference to have all that help instead of doing it all on my own until my husband gets home between 6 and 9.



The number on the scale is making me feel pretty good, but the fact that others are noticing is even better!  What were your non-scale victories?

button



5 comments:

  1. wow, Iam glad that you are doing well with the'scale' too. Iam not very happy with that, but I had some nsv's. I agee people noticing is always a bonus!
    Love that cake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Compliments are probably my favorite NSVs!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Compliments are the best NSV EVER!!! Don't sweat it, you were having a birthday party, as long as you reset after it you are good to go! Keep it up and thanks so much for linking up with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gotta let loose once in a while! Just don`t let it become a habit...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Compliments are the best NSV! Love. Love. Love. Them. And that cake looks like a gooey yummy slice of heaven. I'd consider it a NSV just not doing a face plant into the cake to inhale it.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments and, don't worry, there are no words to squint at and verify on this blog!! :) So, have at it!