Saturday, March 9, 2013

The Plan

So, here's the plan:

As a way to live a healthier lifestyle and be a better Mom to my brood of 2 under 2, I'm going to take some tips from my (almost) 2-year-old...  He is constantly active, eats great balanced meals, and sleeps enough to re-charge his little body like he should.  After looking at the well portioned meals, with both fruits and veggies represented, that I feed my kiddo and the food I place on my own plate, it hit me - it seems that all of my lousy habits could be remedied if I just lived like my (almost) 2-year-old.  

The plan laid out:
  1. Mom has to eat the same breakfast as 2YO, no skipping
  2. When 2YO is active and running around the house, so is Mom
  3. Mom eats the same small portion, well-balanced meal served to 2YO
  4. 2YO naps and Mom gets stuff done or spends time with the little one, and recharges when possible
  5. Mom eats small healthy snack fed to 2YO in afternoon to combat unhealthy snacks or snacking while making dinner
  6. Mom and 2YO eats same portions for dinner
  7. Mom and 2YO get ready for bed and brush teeth at same time
  8. Last, and the hardest, Mom goes to bed shortly after 2YO to combat nighttime snacking
Alright, those are the goals and I'm going to do my best to stick to them!  Hopefully this foray into blogging will also help keep me motivated.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments and, don't worry, there are no words to squint at and verify on this blog!! :) So, have at it!